View Single Post
Old November 10 2010, 03:05 AM   #918
ThunderAeroI
Rear Admiral

Re: USS Grandeur - One... More... Time!

largo wrote: View Post
ThunderAeroI wrote: View Post
i think that approach would be better too. its not like you care to shut the blast door, your scuttling the ship.
it could be a false alarm, though.
"Sorry, over the comm system it totally sounded like you said 'Deanna is at the helm.' My bad."
bah.

any mechanical device holding the pods will fail when its needed to work. I say skip the blast door and either have the pods exposed or under a membrane that will tare from pressure of the pod leaving the ship. Have the nano-bots repair the skin as needed or some such technobable.

as nice looking as doors may look, they aren't practical for a ship that people are considering escaping from. If your so hurt by damage your thinking of escaping I'm sure somethings broken that will prevent those doors from opening.

maybe just have a "zipper" line down the center of the pod bay which opens as the pods leave the ship. one zipper per pod. the zipper opens and closes under pressure from springs, etc.

Like that BMW skin car.