View Single Post
Old November 9 2010, 01:52 PM   #217
Etched
Rear Admiral

Re: AMC's The Walking Dead Season 1 Discussion & Spoilers

The second episode didn't quite live up to the first one in terms of quality and I did have a major issue with them standing around in full view of the zombies trying to break through the glass doors, but this is still the most promising tv show I've seen in a long while.

As for there only being 6 episodes, well I'd much rather have 6 good episodes than 13 mediocre ones. Shorter seasons often equate to better quality, imo, because the writers/producers can tell the story they want to tell without having to pad it out.

Look at the majority of the big network shows, you only really need to watch the first, penultimate and finale of any season to know what's going on, the rest are all standalone episodes and filler.

USS Avenger wrote: View Post
RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
...The Zombies seem to have an eerie intelligence sometimes...

I also noticed that one of the zombies was using a rock (or maybe a piece of broken pavement) to try to break through the glass doors of the department store. That use of a simple tool has me wondering just how intelligent these zombies are. Who knows what else they could figure out?
There definitely seems to be some tiny flickering remnant of who they once were. We saw the wife of Lennie James's character trying the door to the house where she died and the deputy was still hanging around the police station. Then there was the little girl picking up the teddy bear. Does that remnant mean there is also a vestige of human intelligence in there somewhere?
Etched is offline   Reply With Quote