View Single Post
Old November 9 2010, 12:23 AM   #203
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

Re: AMC's The Walking Dead Season 1 Discussion & Spoilers

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
I only made it as far as the "Officer Friendly" scene so far, but there's a couple of things I don't understand. First, why was he in such a hurry to get out of the tank? Couldn't he just wait a while for the Zombies to wander off, and then find a better escape route? A lot of the roads were completely clear when he arrived.
I'd have to watch the scene again to recall specific dialogue, but I believe Glenn was concerned that the horse feeding frenzy and noise Rick had made would continue to draw more zombies to the area that had been farther away when they heard his gunshots.

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
Second, what's the advantage of camping out in the open rather than finding a secure place to hunker down? The campers don't seem to be going anywhere; they seem to have created a very vulnerable encampment.

As far as defenses go, they maintain a constant watch with someone on top of Dale's RV armed with a rifle.

FreezeC77 wrote: View Post
Plus he didn't even see if he could start the tank...
Way too much noise.

Edited to add: The Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman was interviewed by EW about episode 2 "Guts."

Last edited by PsychoPere; November 9 2010 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Added interview link.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote