View Single Post
Old November 9 2010, 12:00 AM   #199
FreezeC77
Commodore

Re: AMC's The Walking Dead Season 1 Discussion & Spoilers

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
I only made it as far as the "Officer Friendly" scene so far, but there's a couple of things I don't understand. First, why was he in such a hurry to get out of the tank? Couldn't he just wait a while for the Zombies to wander off, and then find a better escape route? A lot of the roads were completely clear when he arrived.

Second, what's the advantage of camping out in the open rather than finding a secure place to hunker down? The campers don't seem to be going anywhere; they seem to have created a very vulnerable encampment.
Plus he didn't even see if he could start the tank...

I agree completely on the camping out thing because as I'm watching their campsite I'm wondering "What the hell are you guys doing?" I expected they were there and had some kind of perimeter fencing or something... but there was nothing. I could see the benefits of camping in a very wide-open space where you'd be able to see anything coming from a long ways out, but they weren't doing that. Something could get from the tree-line unobserved and be at or behind a car in not too much time. Then they're just using regular tents that could easily be torn into by a zombie.
FreezeC77 is offline   Reply With Quote