View Single Post
Old November 8 2010, 12:52 AM   #34
Christopher
Writer

Re: A Brand New Day Has Passed...It's time For Peter to hit the Big Ti

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
It is evident and even you Christopher have to recognize that Spider-Man fans have an overwhelming intense dislike of OMD and BND.
Come on. Any argument that pretends that a large group of human beings -- especially fans -- has only a single monolithic opinion across the lot of them is unadulterated BS on the face of it. What you're saying is that you have such an intense dislike. Have the honesty to admit that you're talking about your own opinion. Yes, there are fans who agree with your opinion, but there are also fans who disagree with it. You can't get an entire fanbase to agree that the Sun rises in the east. So any sentence that includes the phrase "the fans think _____" is a lie and an insult to the intelligence of the listener. Don't waste my time with it.

I am a Spider-Man fan. I've written a Spider-Man novel, for Pete's sake. And I've said over and over again -- I hate OMD as fiercely as anyone. But I like BND. And I'm not the only one by far who hates OMD and likes BND. They are two separate things. Yes, they are linked by the underlying publishing plan behind them, but one turned out horribly while the other has turned out surprisingly well.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote