View Single Post
Old November 6 2010, 04:50 AM   #92
J. Allen
Squeaky Clean

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: The Christmas Countdown Thread!

macloudt wrote: View Post
J. Allen wrote: View Post
I can't really afford Christmas gifts this year, at least not in the traditional sense, so everyone gets muffin baskets that I have baked myself. Blueberry, Pumpkin and Chocolate chip.
I think this is a lovely idea. I'm also going to do some baking (I always do), and I'm thinking of diving into my yarn stash and knitting some hats, gloves and scarves, provided I can find the time. I already have the yarn and the patterns so they will be cheap and cheerful gifts in that sense.

Daniel, I'm sorry I couldn't come up with any better ideas. With such a crafty mother and sister no wonder you feel the pressure!
Thank you, macloudt! You have the gift of knitting then. That one really comes in handy around winter time, and what great gifts you'll make!
Which reminds me; I was surprised, yesterday, when I told my friends I didn't have the money for gifts this year and that I hoped they liked muffins. One of my friends jumps up and says "woohoo!". I laughed and told him he didn't have to spare my feelings and he said, "I'm not! I'm diabetic and all the low sugar muffins I buy from the store taste like $#!%! Your muffins actually taste good!".

-= All fantasy teaches me is that reality sucks. =-
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote