View Single Post
Old November 3 2010, 09:33 AM   #136
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Re: AMC's The Walking Dead Season 1 Discussion & Spoilers

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
True, but there was a generator at the police station. I would have at least tried the Internet.
I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try but somehow I doubt the internet relays and cell towers would be working. Maybe if they could find a sat phone (where the hell would you find those?) they could try calling military or other states
Of course they wouldn't be working, but the idea is to show that stuff isn't working. All he did was try one landline; he didn't try a cell phone, didn't get static from a broadcast or Satellite radio, didn't watch snow on a TV, didn't get endless 'page not found' messages on the Web. All of these things would contribute to the growing knowledge that whatever has happened is widespread.

sojourner wrote: View Post
You do know the internet is more than just that box on your desk? If the phones don't work and the power in general is out, no way in hell is the internet going to be working.
No, I had no idea. I doubt if the police station uses dial up. They either have cable or a satellite dish, which are independent of the phones.