View Single Post
Old November 3 2010, 06:45 AM   #1014
Yoda
Rear Admiral

Re: The unofficial Rock Band thread.

Calibration sucks. I used the RB2 guitar autocalibrate on both games, RB2 was perfect... RB3 I have no idea what's going on. The number says 30ms difference for video, same on audio... it feels wrong... the old numbers feel better but I don't have much confidence in them.

What really gets me is the extra transparent fretboard. Makes it really hard to pick up notes with breakneck speed on, which is how I normally play. They really need to darken that thing up, I'd prefer an option for solid black actually, and make it a bit longer overall too. They really love all the cutesy dress-up avatar bullshit in the background that I have no use for, and pay no attention to.

For all it has done well, the Rock Band series has really sucked on fretboard customization and speed modifiers. Also.. March for the Squier guitar? Ouch... I guess I'll pick up the Mustang and try to sell it down the road when I want to upgrade.

Disappointing that the biggest draw for me comes out 4+ months after the release of the game.