View Single Post
Old November 1 2010, 05:27 AM   #26
Zachary Smith
Vice Admiral

Re: AMC's The Walking Dead Season 1 Discussion & Spoilers

I watched it and enjoyed the hell out of it. Picture was perfectly clear here. As to the "waking in the hospital/28 days later connection" I understand BOTH are tributes to the opening of "The Day of the Triffids". "The Walking Dead" is NOT ripping off "28 Days Later".

I enjoyed this episode a lot. The emotional panorama ran the spectrum, up to and including even having a moment to feel pity for one of the zombies. I think there's great promise here. My sole complaint was about the clocks in the hospital and it is nit-picking of the highest order. MOST wall clocks are battery operated these days and therefore it is extremely unlikely that more than one clock will stop at the same time. If you want to assume the clocks are electric, well, the LIGHTS were on in a lot of places so, unless there's a particular "wall-clock" breaker somewhere in the engineering room, SOME of the clocks should have continued ticking.

Picky, picky, picky, I know but sometimes lil'shit like that devils me.

My favorite TV show is "Cool Hand Luke Skywalker--Texas Ranger". The best episode is the one where he fights Samantha's wacky Sith Lord Uncle, Darth Arthur . . ."
Zachary Smith is offline   Reply With Quote