View Single Post
Old October 31 2010, 04:12 PM   #125
kes7
Fleet Captain

Re: Star Trek: Tesseract -- Part II

Gibraltar -- Thanks for the awesome review. John's just trying to get through the day here with as little destruction and loss of life as possible. And Adele's just trying to make the right call for the most people. We'll see if they both pull it off. In any event, the ripples from the decisions they both make will have the potential to affect a lot of lives -- for better or worse. Not a fun position to be in.

mirandafave -- Yeah, John could probably use a shot or two of whatever they give you to counteract radiation in Trek. Problem is, if they're treating him, they're not treating some civilian -- somebody's spouse or child who he feels needs care more than he does. As you noted, he cares too much. As for Lakwa, we will be seeing a lot more of her (and Malik) in the coming chapters. She's been forced into a leadership role, but in many ways, she already had one. She was the one her people trusted to hold Malik back from the brink, and that's basically what she did here. But she's not him, and she's not used to being 'in command.' We'll see how she does. The question of what Omega will mean for the Alpha Quadrant and the Federation is a good one. You'll just have to wait and see. Thanks for the great review.

Enterprise1981 wrote: View Post
Would you defy the Omega Directive???

It's a pretty big decision all right. I would say that the devastating of Omega would make the decision obvious. But we'll just have to wait and see how this plays. And I can understand JQ's line of thinking in not wanting to scrap the Sol. Makes one wonder how the Voyager replaced lost shuttles, especially since they practically gave shuttle-craft away in "Counterpoint".
E1981 -- Would I defy it? I would never be in a position to do so, because in the Trek universe, no one would ever let me near the captain's chair! In this situation, I think Adele is doing the sensible thing, but also a risky thing. As for shuttles ... someone once did a .gif of Voyager's "Shuttle-O-Matic." They did lose a lot of shuttles (more than they started with), but never ran out. It's like the loaves and fishes, only with shuttlecraft. Thanks for the comments.

CeJay -- You're right, JQ did train for this, and more than that, it's what he wanted -- he always wanted to command a starship. Well, this is his chance. Sometimes being the captain sucks. We'll see how he feels about it later if he indeed makes it through this. As for Adele, she's glad to have your support. Yes, it's risky to bring it aboard, but like I said above, she's trying to make the right call for the largest number of people. We'll see what happens. (And yeah -- Maren needs to just move her quarters to sickbay. Or, you know, stop pushing herself and actually recover before inserting herself in the middle of the next crisis.) Thanks for reading and reviewing.