View Single Post
Old October 31 2010, 11:08 AM   #122
Sparky
Commodore

Re: Is Netflix a Rip-off?

At least you Americans have a queue. As a Canadian I had to use this device called a "keyboard"....how quaint. It is also streaming only. No physical media shipped to your door.

I have to add to this strange thing called a "text file" to keep track of shows I want to watch. Seriously. We don't have a queue here in the Great White North and it is the second most frustrating thing about Netflix in Canada.

The most frustrating thing is the lack of content compared to the US. You can search for something and dozens of results show up. Only a couple of items will be available though. The rest of them are not viewable in Canada.

Even with the restrictions I find the $7.99 per month price quite a bargain. I have already watched/written down so much content that it would cost me hundreds of dollars on iTunes to rent/purchase. Hell the BBC library alone will keep me busy for months.

For my viewing habits there is nothing else legal out there that even comes close to the value per dollar that Netflix offers.
Sparky is online now   Reply With Quote