View Single Post
Old October 29 2010, 09:33 AM   #77
Gul Re'jal
Commodore

Location: Gul Re'jal is suspecting she's on the wrong space station
Re: Star Trek: Shaping a Cardassian - Among the Dragons

Nerys Dukat wrote: View Post
Oh, wow...Zamarran's invitation to watch Karama lose made me laugh so hard! I figured he was going to politely give Kapoor a chance to leave the room, but I wasn't expecting THAT!
Yeah, Zamarran shows his off-duty side. I think he enjoyed beating Karama in front of her And even more enjoyed talking to her about his culture.
As for Ullmann and that report...if what she wrote is truthful, and I doubt she would lie even though she would focus on the worst, then I really have to wonder what Starfleet's reaction is going to be to the idea of Kapoor's continued presence aboard the Roumar. Has Kapoor been sending reports too? Will they think Kapoor is lying or doctoring the truth? (And HAS Kapoor been hiding any part of the truth?)
They both had to file their reports, but I think Kapoor kept strictly to business (differences between SF and Cardassian technology, a way to improve SF protocols based on good Cardassian solutions, etc.). She didn't write about her private relations with other people, because it's not Starfleet's business who she spends time with. And since she was not a participant in the incident, she did not include it in her reports. This was between Karama, Ullmann and Jarol.

SF will ask her, though, and she will write what she knows. If they believe her - that's another story.
But Karama's revelation, and his realization of what exactly he did...VERY powerful stuff, and I hope this experience will help him to grow. And though Ullmann will undoubtedly be sickened even by the apology--it was a big step for him to be willing to apologize.
I think he understood that already some time ago and one of reasons why he kept avoiding her, apart from Jarol's orders, was enormous shame. He just couldn't look her in the eyes after that.
Oh...and I LOVE Ma'Kan's little flying starships!!!
Some of her ships are really nice piece of work and they do fly! I think those are usually old-fashioned crafts ("antique" Cardassian aeroplanes or something like that) that have moving parts to fly in the air.