View Single Post
Old October 28 2010, 09:41 PM   #127
JonnyQuest037
Commodore

Re: Spider-Man movie (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Captaindemotion wrote: View Post
Here are some slightly odd casting rumours: The contenders for JJJ in this movie are John Slattery, who's already played Howard Stark in Iron Man 2 (a different actor played the role in IM and a third will play him in Captain America) and Sam Elliott, who played Thunderbolt Ross in Ang Lee's Hulk and then the old Ghost Rider in, er, Ghost Rider. And supposedly this JJJ will be more serious and (sigh) darker than as portrayed in the Raimi movies. Oh dear.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/186...in-spider-man-
It is kind of strange that they're not reusing Slattery for Howard Stark in Captain America. The recasting always momentarily throws me out of movie and I have to remind myself that they're still taking place in the same continuity.

It's funny that we never used to be concerned about this stuff, because every superhero movie had its own continuty, and they never crossed over with each other. Every upside has a downside, I guess.