View Single Post
Old October 28 2010, 12:13 PM   #121
Gibraltar
Rear Admiral

Re: Star Trek: Tesseract -- Part II

I feel for Johnís dilemma. No one wants to have to scuttle a valuable ship, most especially in circumstances where such resources are now thousands of light-years behind them. Nevertheless, J.Q.ís decision to remain behind with a skeleton crew until Sol can either be stabilized or must be abandoned is a solid one.

Like a good commander, John is stepping up to do what needs to be done, despite the obvious fact that he is slowly succumbing to radiation exposure. I hope he and the others can get the treatment they so desperately need in order to survive before it becomes too late for them.

I donít envy Adele the decision she must now make. It would be difficult enough without the immediacy of the advisory board hanging over whatever choice she makes like the Sword of Damocles. Violate the most potent Starfleet directive aside from the Prime Directive, or risk throwing away the only viable defense against the Borg anyone has yet to discover.

Difficult, heart wrenching decisions seem to be the order of the day. Letís just hope our heroes can live with those theyíre forced to make on this day.