View Single Post
Old October 28 2010, 06:37 AM   #14
Vanyel
The Imperious Leader

Re: when will we have a bluray?

Harvey wrote: View Post
SEINFELD was able to spare the expense of re-editing all of their episodes in order to release them in HD (the Blu-Rays have yet to emerge, but they're already being aired in HD on television).

It's true, STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION probably has a smaller audience than SEINFELD (it had about half the Nielsen audience during its run), but it still had a big audience.

The release on Blu-Ray by CBS Paramount is not a question of if, but a question of when. It may be a few years, but it's pretty unlikely that CBS Paramount will forgo the revenue opportunities of converting the most popular series in the STAR TREK franchise to HD. The further spin-offs, which feature much more elaborate visual effects and had decreasing audiences, are a much more open question when it comes to HD versions. Only ENTERPRISE is assured one, since it already exists in HD (albeit with up-converted visual effects).
The HD Seinfeld episodes I've seen, especially from the first few seasons are horrible. They are grainy and spotty. These could be up scaled version shown on the HD channel, and not true HD, but if it is HD, it's terrible.
Imogene, get serious! Who do you think you're talking to?! I've known you for 27 years, and all I can say is, if God was giving out sexually transmitted diseases to people as a punishment for sinning, then you would be at the free clinic all the time! And so would the rest of us!
--Julia Sugarbaker
Vanyel is offline   Reply With Quote