View Single Post
Old October 28 2010, 03:14 AM   #57
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Re: ST: Shaping a Cardassian - The Shadow of the Order

Gul Spook wrote: View Post
I think that he is still too angry to realise that he isn't totally innocent. This all happens shortly after the dinner, the same evening only later, so they all are still under influence of emotions and anger.
I hope that realization eventually comes...because I think that if he's grown since the other story, it would be fitting if it did.

As for his choices - he has a father and a mother. What his father is - it should be obvious now. His mother - not to spoil too much of Kapoor story, let's say Karama chose to be like his mother, not his father (whom he truly hates).
Gul Karama must have been a terror at home, for his son to come to that opinion instead of copying his nasty attitudes.

There isn't a warrant. She stayed there without permission from her parents, but didn't just desert from Starfleet. She resigned her commission. After she was allowed to stay in the Union, she used those 6 months to close as many matters as she could in the Federation.

Her parents and family didn't accept or didn't believe she chose to stay there, so they did all they could to get her back.
I'm actually kind of surprised Starfleet let her just resign, especially with the coup and the border closing--AND her connection to the gul responsible for the coup. Not to mention the report Ullmann brought back and the behavior she would've described from Karama--the very man that Kapoor ended up marrying. That's why I thought they would not accept her resignation and would figure she was either a traitor or a victim.

I'm not sure they care They believe it's their internal matter and what the Federation thinks about it? Not important. One of reasons why they closed their borders - not to listen to others' opinion on how they do their business.

This caused distrust, of course, but I'm not sure the Cardassians realise that. They see that co-operation as one time, temporary "alliance" and they know they can kick the Feds out of it any time. That must cause some arrogance on their part.
I would say it's arrogance, for sure. But I question...if their attitude is THAT bad, why are they even bothering with this? Why don't they stay isolated forever? Those are definitely questions I find myself asking. What is it about this mission that would make them try something like this, instead of giving the middle finger again?