To: CC-2000:
To: ADVANCE-ACC4:
To: PCV SEKHMET CHIGCO S28V71K SECURED:
To: HOUSTON-9400:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
PRAXIM-CAP1:

Iím baaaaack.

CC-2000:
HA, ok, I see ya, I got you set up to pick up some stuff for the Uduru Project.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Is that what all that Dirt is for, that Iím carrying ?
CC-2000:
Yes it is, Joseph told me that they didnít have very good soil out there, and I picked up enough to let them plant about an Acre or so.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
It looks like a LOT !
CC-2000:
Ha, well, actually itís not, but there are only about 60 or so people there at Uduru Village, and, Iím not sure just how many of those are permanent residents. They can do ok for now, youíll be picking up some Seed and stuff for them to start planting their Crops.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
We going to have to do that during their Night, right ?
CC-2000:
Yea, thatíd be better, and you need to take a good look around first anyway, ok.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Will do, got anything from the Zeus, wasnít he supposed to go down that Romulan border real soon ?
CC-2000:
BíiJik had a couple of deliveries first, I think heíll probably start that soon.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Did you tell Thara or Maxwell about this, or is it just me and BíiJik ?
CC-2000:
Just you two, when we do things like this, I try not to tell too many others about it, ok.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Sure, no problem.

TEXT MESSAGE Ė RECEIVED - PCV ZEUS CHIGCO Z73F2V SECURED:
STARTING ROMULAN BORDER RUN TO QOíNOS NOW Ė QAPLAí

CC-2000:
HAY, I just got a text message from BíiJik, heís on his way now !
PRAXIM-CAP1:
WOW, Iíd love to catch those guys myself, but Iím not wishing that BíiJik wonít.
CC-2000:
HA, I know, and I bet you never thought this job would include stuff like this, right !
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Not in a million years CC, since you got here, wow, itís been FUN !
CC-2000:
HA HA HA, really, but Iíve been here all along, Iím just... newer, different now.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Well, it sure works for me, but will Joseph be staying onboard, or will I let him off later ?
CC-2000:
Well, Iím not sure, he said this his presence there may burden them, I guess theyíre sorta short on food or room to keep him, but weíll decide that when you get there, I guess.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
We got some spare MREís, I could transport them down if it would help.
CC-2000:
Awwww, thatís nice of you to think of that, but, we gotta watch what we do, those people donít even know what a Telephone is, for the most part.
PRAXIM-CAP1:
Gees, they must really be poor, and itís HOT down there too ! I remember seeing that the temp was over 40įC, and it was night !
CC-2000:
Itís is a dry heat though, but Iím sending you the coordinates for some supplies, I need to get the Sewer and Slab laid in for the new building, but, you can come on into Corporate, and take a few hours off, ok ?

COM REQUEST Ė EARTHLINK - ADVANCE ACC-4

PRAXIM-CAP1:
I think I will, maybe just get a bite to eat at one of the Restaurants.
CC-2000:
YUM YUM, Pizza !
PRAXIM-CAP1:
UOO YEA, Helm, increase speed to Warp 8, bye CC !
CC-2000:
HA, bye buddy.

CONNECT Ė EARTHLINK - ADVANCE ACC-4 Ė INTERNAL COM

CC-2000:
Chiron Intergalaxy, how may I direct your call ?

ADVANCE-ACC4:

Hello, this is Alex Vance, and I need to talk to someone about transportation for us.

CC-2000:
Okaa Mr. Vance, could you be a little more specific, us, is that pertaining to Goods or Personnel ?
ADVANCE-ACC4:
Both actually, I make Communications Equipment, for Public Access Television Programming, and we need to get some equipment and our Tech People to Danula II.
CC-2000:
I see, TV, but usually Mr. Vance, we donít do... or we havenít done personal transportation till recently. Just how much tonnage are you needing to transport, Sir ?
ADVANCE-ACC4:
Well ahh... actually not more than one or two Tons plus some personnel for the first trip, but weíll need to make several, we need to set up a Receiver, and Transmitter Array for several locations over there.
CC-2000:
Okaa... and this would be like on Earth, put up an Antenna or Dish, and get TV, that it, Sir ?
ADVANCE-ACC4:
Thatís right, Earth National Channels, some feeds from other places, then create a market for Danula Businesses to advertise with us, oh, and weíll be transmitting our Programming to the Star Fleet Academy, thatíll be a first.
CC-2000:
Umm, TV at Star Fleet Academy, whoíd thought that would happen !
ADVANCE-ACC4:
Well, apparently theyíre having a little problem attracting new people to join Star Fleet, and are sorta updating their accommodations, an added attraction I suppose.
CC-2000:
I see, and this is Free TV, no one pays for it, right.
ADVANCE-ACC4:
Well ha, we get paid for Commercials, our Sponsors make money off their Advertisements we transmit, and they pay us, but, we donít charge anyone to watch our Programming, thatís free. The only cost to the Viewer is his Receiver, or Console if itís connected to a Distribution Network in a Building, like that.
CC-2000:
I see, but how are you going to get your signal from Earth to Danula ?
ADVANCE-ACC4:
Thatís something else I wanted to discuss with you, I understand you have a Satellite Service, right.
CC-2000:
We do, but now that I have a good idea of your interests, Iíll direct your call to the appropriate person. Firstly, that would be Mr. Kannu at extension 9408, heíll discuss which of our ships would be appropriate to transport you and your Crew, then, you can transfer to Mr. Phloux at extension 9406 to discuss our Satellite Systems.

COM REQUEST - PCV SEKHMET CHIGCO S28V71K SECURED:

OH, ahh if thereís nothing else I can help you with, Iíll transfer you to Mr. Kannu, now, Sir.
ADVANCE-ACC4:
Sure, youíve been very helpful.

TRANSFER Ė ACVANCE-ACC4 Ė KANNU-9408
OPEN CHANNEL - PCV SEKHMET CHIGCO S28V71K SECURED:
OPEN CHANNEL Ė HOUSTON-9400

Hello Eric, long time no hear HA, howís things going. SW, Pressman is calling.

(Telcom Autoscript pause Ė no verbal information detected)

HOUSTON-9400:
Are you sure he herd you ?
CC-2000:
RESET Ė TRANSMITTER OUTPUT Ė 120%
Let me try again. Eric, weíre receiving your signal, talk to me !
PRESSMAN- C1:
Helloooo, anybody home ?
HOUSTON-9400:
Eric, this is SW, we hear you, go ahead !

(Telcom Autoscript pause Ė no verbal information detected)

HOUSTON-9400:
CC, you sure weíre getting out ok, I donít think heís hearing us.
CC-2000:
Umm... everything is ok on this side SW, Iím thinking weíre dealing with a time delay here.

PRESSMAN- C1:
Well ok, Iím going to take a chance and just talk a little, I think weíre too far for us to communicate back and forth. Anyway, it took us Nineteen Hours to get here, and to tell you the truth, Iím not sure where ďhereĒ is ! I just sat here for about thirty minutes when we arrived, just looked around and did some scans before I broke silence. Anyway, weíve done some Cartography on wherever weíre at, and Iím sure thatís too complex to try to transmit back to you now. So...well, Iíll just stay here a while longer, and I guess, come on back. You hearing me !?

CC-2000:
Eric, YES we hear you, come on back to the Nest ! SW, I think heíll be on his way back, before this gets out to him.
HOUSTON-9400:
CC, wow, nineteen hours, thatís gotta be a LONG way out there !
CC-2000:
HA yea, really long way, I bet I was right, he just may be in another Galaxy !
HOUSTON-9400:
Hay, I thought I was going to get to be the first guy to go to Andromeda !
CC-2000:
You got to get your butt out of that Chair first, reps are earned ! But, I canít actually tell exactly where heís at, Iím not getting a Transponder Beacon, just voice.
HOUSTON-9400:
HA HA yea, youíre right, WOW, regardless where heís at, itís got to be ďwhere nobodyís gone beforeĒ, right !
CC-2000:
It sure looks that way, and Iíve triangulated the direction, but, I still donít know how far out he is.
HOUSTON-9400:
UOO which direction !
CC-2000:
Weeel.... sorta toward Andromeda, sorta.
HOUSTON-9400:
OH WOW !
CC-2000:
Ahh... gonna tell anyone about this ?
HOUSTON-9400:
Umm... no, not yet anyway. Letís take a look at his Cartos and make sure we know what weíre talking about first. Iíd want to get some sort of permanent com set up, before I start bragging.
CC-2000:
Well, that wonít be a problem, once we establish a response time interval, but should I get started on a Satellite for out there ?
HOUSTON-9400:
Well umm maybe, but, Iím thinking a few Modules, Power, Weapons, Shields, and some Housing, maybe put some Staff out there, sort of a Base Station, what you think about that ?
CC-2000:
COOL !, I start a list, but, I had thought to maybe use the Conduit for communications, but it dumps out in the original Hive, Iíd have to set up some sort of relay to get that working.
HOUSTON-9400:
OH YEA, kinda like a tube to talk through, thatíd be nice if you can make that work. But, we can still talk to um out there anyway, right.
CC-2000:
Iím pretty sure of it, wow, Andromeda, WOW !
HOUSTON-9400:
Yeaaa... possibilities are endless, and... I got you to thank for all this, donít I.
CC-2000:
ME !?
HOUSTON-9400:
Yea, if you hadnít noticed that Conduit BíiJik went by out there, weíd be tooling along as usual now.
CC-2000:
Well, I guess so, but, I donít need any credit for it, really.
HOUSTON-9400:
Modesty as well, umm... bye.
CC-2000 Return to Enhanced Monitoring Mode

Authorís Note:

In the Chiron Intergalaxyís Ships and their Modules, the Power, Component, Control and Communications Systems, are operated simultaneously over a Grid type Distribution System.
Each of the (Dorsal/Modules/Ventral) Components of a Vessel, has one or more of these Grid layers. A single Grid, has vertical and horizontal lines, providing intersections with three or four connections to adjacent intersections. When stacking one or more grids above or below another, adds additional directions of travel, to and from that intersection to the next, and in most instances totaling six connections for an item, to the total grid system, its power supplies and control modules.

The number of routes to a piece of equipment, itís control module, and power supply, when stationed in a multitier system like this, are numerous. This provides redundant lines for operation, and requires numerous interruptions in the System, before a piece of equipment could be disabled. With this unified application, a piece of equipment could arbitrarily be placed anywhere in the Grid System, and the controllers and Power Supplies, anywhere else in the Grids.

The distribution of equipment, with itís power and control being so diversified, creates an extremely high degree of operational reliability, and subsequently, a very difficult Targeting Solution to another Ship, which would attempt to disable it. In all instances, there are multiple sources of Power and Control for a given System, which further enhance reliability and exasperate the difficulty of targeting. In the event that the Ships operating personnel were disabled, the CC-2000 Computer, can thru the Ships onboard system, or via the Chiron Communications Network, assume control of any function on any Vessel through a secure sub-space link.

Last edited by SWHouston; October 27 2010 at 08:20 PM.
SWHouston is offline   Reply With Quote