View Single Post
Old October 24 2010, 05:32 PM   #55
ares93
Commodore

Re: Typhon Pact: Zero Sum Game Review thread

Supreme Dittodrone wrote: View Post
Welcome aboard, cadet!

Kaamkulano wrote: View Post
While I always enjoyed Bashir as a Character on DS9, even in his darker stages in Seasons six and seven of DS9, I just didnít really care for his lonely and miserable self here. Bashir used to know how to have fun, now he canít find new friends and is just moping around because of a bad break up?
Wow--so it DOES refer to Ezri's break-up with him?

Mr. Mack...from the bottom of my heart...THANK YOU!!!

I donít know. On the other hand we have Sarina, Superspy. I donít remember Chrysalis that well, but she seems like a totally different character. Granted, her real self was just developing at that time of the Episode.

Oh...my...gosh. Big spolier there!

(Although...it DOES give me hope....)

The "B Story" involving the Aventine, I've found more appealing. I like Ezri as a Captain and the interactions of her crew were fun to read. It was a nice counterpoint to the doom and gloom of Bashirís story, although the stakes were equally high. The Cold War atmosphere, the danger that a single misstep could lead to an interstellar war, worked really well.
Nice! MORE EZRI, I SAY!!!

(Especially...do Ezri and Julian interact? PLEASE, Mr. Mack, LET IT BE SO!)

I was pleasantly surprised to see, that our favorite UFP President played quite a large role in the story. We will probably never get Articles of the Federation Part 2, so a little bit of Bacco here and there is always welcome.
Agreed. I have Articles, but I admit...I have so many Trek books, I have yet to dig in! Still...what I have read of her...she really seems like my kind of President.

(Hold the rotten tomatoes, folks...but I swear, there's a bit of the Gipper in her speech at the end of the Destiny trilogy!)
seconded on pretty much everything.

seriously. how the hell do we agree on so many things? its getting ridiculous...
I find it extremely satisfying watching Jehovah's Witnesses through my window. After all, it takes an RFID lock, a titanium enhanced fireproof door and bullet-resistant glass to keep them out of the building.
ares93 is offline   Reply With Quote