View Single Post
Old October 24 2010, 05:34 AM   #68
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Re: Star Trek: Shaping a Cardassian - Among the Dragons

Gul Spook wrote: View Post
Nerys Dukat wrote: View Post
As for Karama...I wish I could see into his head. I at least hope he's happy that Kapoor is learning his language.
I'm not sure he knows what to think. He is friendly, because it's his nature (yeah, I know, the Ullmann Incident doesn't prove it ), but he doesn't expect her to adapt to a point she learns the language. He took it upon himself to be her "guide" through Cardassian world, but he doesn't seem to understand how deep it's going to get.
Did he think that maybe she would find the idea of learning his language unpleasant?

Nerys Dukat wrote: View Post
I hope she didn't introduce anything into the system that shouldn't be there, though. If she did, Zamarran and Ya'val won't take kindly to it.
I think in the beginning all her work is going to be checked against errors and such. Not that they don't trust her and expect her to do something malicious - she just doesn't know their systems that well and... her memory isn't eidetic, so she can't memorise them as fast as Cardassians could.
That makes sense. I just hope they don't think that she has an inferior or "broken" brain. I wonder, do you think there's any way they could help her to use what she as a human has, more effectively, so that she can keep up with them a little better? I actually think they might be worried about insulting her by asking or ordering her to do something like that, but I wonder how they'd respond if she asked (probably by asking Karama).