View Single Post
Old October 22 2010, 03:54 PM   #1
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

"Blood & Chrome" to move forward

The proposed Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome web series has been bumped from the internet to a full-blown, two-hour backdoor pilot, similar to the BSG miniseries and the Caprica pilot. Syfy plans for production to start in early 2011, aiming for either fourth quarter 2011 or early 2012 premiere. The pilot script was written by Michael Taylor, who will serve as executive producer along with David Eick, Bradley Thompson, and David Weddle.

"This is very much an action-adventure, war series," Stern said. "This is definitely dealing with people who are fighting the fight. ... As you hope 'Battlestar' would do, it kind of comments on that process a little bit... but not in a preachy way, not in an issues-oriented way, not in a hitting-you-over-the-head way. Really, the fabric and the canvas of the series are people in the fight and what they grapple with when it comes to each other and what they grapple with when it comes to the enemy they're fighting."
The article also touches on RDM's possible involvement, the possibility of Brear McCreary returning as composer, the possibility of Nico Cortez returning as Ensign William Adama, and some minor plot details about the pilot.

I, for one, say bring it on. I'd be very interested to see the full might of the Colonial fleet fighting it out with the Cylon fleet. The War itself, the lengths the Colonials would go to in order to save their worlds, could present some very compelling stories, I imagine.