View Single Post
Old October 20 2010, 10:47 PM   #198
Tamar Garish
Commodore

Re: We have lost TrekBBS moderator Mallory.

I'm not sure how much I can add to what has already been said.

Personally, Mallory was and is and incredible inspiration to me. As someone else who has serious medical issues, we often talked about our situations in Wordforge Chat. His relentlessly optimism in the face of astounding odds and the example of his many instances of beating those odds to keep on going has many times served as a reminder when I've been tempted to fall into the all too easy trap of self-pity on a bad day.

He was always there with a kind word for anyone, but a tough and fair opponent when in disagreement. His love of his family was deep and was one of the things that kept him going in the dark times.

He will be greatly missed by me...and I feel I can speak for Wordforge when I say that our board is poorer today than it was before October 13.

Know that Wordforge grieves with thee, TrekBBS, for the loss of a great man.
The Doctor: There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold.
Tamar Garish is offline   Reply With Quote