View Single Post
Old October 18 2010, 01:54 AM   #149
TrekkieMonster
Commodore

Re: We have lost TrekBBS moderator Mallory.

Evil Robert wrote: View Post
I actually came across a couple of goofy photos we took together back when I met him in 2004 when unpacking a box. Maybe I should scan them and post them.
Please, please do.

He was super fun to meet and hang with. He introduced me to several of Oregon's microbrewery beers that day.
Today, the one thing I have thought of more than anything else is chatting with him before my flight home last June to visit family and saying very casually that we should get together sometime at one of those establishments and have a few brews ... but it just didn't work out. I was tied up with family the whole week ... and I thought there would be time ....

And, because I am the Star Trek geek that I am, what keeps coming to mind is Soran's line from Generations: "They say time is the fire in which we burn. .... We leave so many things unfinished in our lives."

I have worked hard most of my adult to stop regretting things I have done and not done, but this I regret very, very much.

Adm. Bonz wrote: View Post
RIP

We shall miss him, but never forget him.

Too many good people get taken by that evil disease.

Go DUCKS!!
And he would likely laugh, understanding why I am now compelled to say Go BEAVS!!!