View Single Post
Old October 15 2010, 07:28 AM   #6310
J. Allen
Easily Influenced By Friends

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: My God, it's full of THREAD BOMBS!

doubleohfive wrote: View Post
Um, yes.

I don't take issue with the age of the thread bomb.

I take issue with the fact that the "humor" contained in it is predicated on two things: A bastardization of the "Rules" schtick made popular via Chuck Norris, Vin Diesel, and Jack Bauer a few years ago (and which was losing steam by the time the picture came out) and the prologue scene with Taran Fahir as Captain Robau in the film. Neither of which are "funny" anymore because the OCD Trek nerd contingent here have rammed it in to the ground endlessly since the movie premiered.
That's what nerds do. This is a Star Trek board, quite possibly the epicenter of Nerd Fandom.

I get it. Robau's a badass. You guys are all Wolverine'ing him though and it's fucking old.
By the time such jokes hit the internet, or at least pop culture on the internet, they have become ancient to most people, who will continue to hear them time and time and time again. People have fun with it, and it doesn't harm anyone.

In short - LET. IT. DIE.
I've never trusted Thread bombs, and I never will. I can never forgive them, for the death of my boy.
-=- I still wish upon stars -=-