View Single Post
Old October 14 2010, 08:14 PM   #3020
Angel4576
Rear Admiral

Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Montenegro played well, very well in fact, particularly in defence, and were unlucky not to snatch a winner when they thundered one onto the bar with a few minutes to play. That being said, when we upped our tempo we sliced through their defence at will, just couldn't get a clear effort in most of the time, and when we did, their keeper was inspired, particularly in the second half.

I still maintain that there are certain players that should not, all things being equal, be anywhere near the England squad, and are only really there because we're so devoid of talent in those areas; namely, SWP, Barry and Glen Johnson, all of whom were awful. Again.

We'll still cruise through the group. Montenegro won't beat us over there. If they try then they'll leave gaps. I can't see them stopping us again. Plus, don't they still have to go to Switzerland? I can see them dropping points there, and potentially to Wales as well.

Wouldn't be England if we didn't have at least one blip through the campaign.