View Single Post
Old October 12 2010, 03:39 AM   #51
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Re: DEXTER Season 5 Discussion & Spoilers

Holy shit. Just as I thought they were going to settle into a comfortable groove for a few eps before starting to ramp things up, they pull the plot twist with Julia Stiles! I'm glad I didn't read spoilers. I thought she'd be the nanny or child therapist.

I don't think he has it in him to knowingly kill an innocent,
The jackass in the premier was innocent of any actual wrongdoing that Dexter knew about, much less anything that would satisfy the Code.

But I don't think Dex has it in him to kill someone who doesn't piss him off royally. Being a pretty blonde female couldn't hurt.

It would be a nice change of pace if Stiles' character manages to survive the season. My other hope is that Deb ends up killing Quinn without realizing that Dexter is a killer. She feels guilt ridden and wants to turn herself in. Dexter prevents her from doing that by confessing to being a serial killer. Now they have something in common and both has to hide the other's secret. That's the season's cliffhanger ending. Tune in next Sept for S6!

On another topic: I assumed going into this season that there was a good reason for Rita's murder, namely to push Dexter into increasingly crazy territory. So far, other than whacking the aforementioned jackass, he doesn't seem significantly crazier than normal. I hope the writers didn't off Rita just so they could clear the field for a new love interest.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote