Com Level: INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Clearance Level Validation: AUTOVALIDATED
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
To: HOUSTON-9400:
To: HOLT-SF3:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
CC-2000:
SW, I have Admiral Holt on the line, he wishes to speak to you.
HOUSTON-9400:
Ohh me ok.

HOLT-SF3:

Hello SW, I hear you helped us out a while ago.

HOUSTON-9400:
Hello Marcus, yes, fortunately we were in the vicinity, and were glad to give you a hand there.
HOLT-SF3:
I just wanted to thank you personally, your actions saved a lot of lives.
HOUSTON-9400:
Well, I wish I could take that personally, but it was the Osiris Crew and our Computer who should be given credit for that.
HOLT-SF3:
Never the less, it is a reflection of your policies and intent, and all those responsible, should know how helpful their actions were. But, I wonder if I might ask about the incident, can you tell me what happened ?
HOUSTON-9400:
Ahh Marcus, actually I havenít received a report on that, if you donít mind, Iíll ask our Computer to step in and comment on that, ok.
HOLT-SF3:
Certainly, I know how personable it is, and would be glad to discuss the matter with it.
HOUSTON-9400:
CC, wanna step in here, ok.

CC-2000 CONFIDENTIAL TEXT BOX DISPLAY TO 9400 SCREEN:
Gees, I knew this was going to happen.

CC-2000:
Hello Admiral, this is the CC-2000 System, how may I help you, Sir ?
HOLT-SF3:
Well Computer, if you can, Iíd like to know what happened out there, were there any Scans run, or observations made, which could shed some light on the reason for this incident ?
CC-2000:
Umm... well Sir, I didnít think it was appropriate for us to Scan your Vessel, we were responding in a rescue mode, and... well, havenít you spoken to Captain Satelk, I had the opportunity to speak to him briefly when I was aboard the Thunderchild ?
HOLT-SF3:
Ohh yes, he mentioned that he spoke to a Android or something like that, that was you !
CC-2000:
Ahh yes it was, actually it was one of our Synthetic Personnel Units which I can remote control. See, speak though, move around. things like that, Sir. But what did Captain Satelk say, havenít there been any diagnostics run yet ?
HOLT-SF3:
No, the Ship is being operated almost manually at this point, it seems that all the Computers onboard were disabled, literally scrambled, and we havenít had a chance to reprogram them, thatís why I ask if you could provide us with any information about this.
CC-2000:
I see... actually I havenít had time to create a report on the incident, but I can do a Bullet type summary if youíd like ?
HOLT-SF3:
Yes please, anything you can provide, would be helpful !
CC-2000:
Ok...

We were on a standard Supply Run, in route back to the Corporate Facility.
The Osirisí scanners detected a Vessel which was drifting in Space.
We dropped out of Warp, scanned it for Lifesigns, detected both living and dead organic Lifeforms aboard.
The Scan also revealed that there was no power what so ever, being generated by the Ships Power Systems.
Captain Praxim immediately aligned the Osiris for a Power Transfer Coupling to the Vessel.
Synthetic Personnel Units were transported to the Shipís Engineering Section with instructions to connect Life Support to the temporary Power Supply, then attempt to start your power generators.
At that time, I broke away from the rescue effort to report the incident here to SW, and immediately returned to assist.
They were successful in establishing a manual power connection to your Life Support systems.
Once the atmosphere was reestablished, the Osiris transported their Medical Personnel and some Crew to assist in getting your personnel Medical attention.
The Power Coupling was terminated once the Thunderchildís internal Power was energized.
We remained on site until a Star Fleet Vessel arrived, where then we returned our personnel and equipment to the Osiris and went on our way.
Thatís it, Sir.

HOLT-SF3:
I see, and while you were there, you had extended Shields around the Thunderchild. Why did you do that ?
CC-2000:
As a precautionary measure. I wasnít sure in what condition the Hull was in, or how quickly we could bring your Structural Integrity Systems back online. The re-pressurizing was most important issue, and I had no idea IF that may cause additional problems.
HOLT-SF3:
Ok, but would you offer a comment on how or why this happened, please.
CC-2000:
Understand Admiral, this is going to be speculative, but on the how...
I find it highly unusual that ALL of your Computer Systems went down simultaneously, and that it occurred so close to Romulan Space.
HOLT-SF3:
And on the ďwhyĒ part ?
CC-2000:
Ahh... SW, Iím reluctant to comment on that, I donít think it will do any good, especially in our relations with Star Fleet.
HOLT-SF3:
Please, donít worry about that, I donít have my feelings on my Epaulets today, please !
CC-2000:
Ok, you asked for it Sir ! How damn dare you, allow your personnel to inhabit a Vessel in that poor of condition. The atmosphere should have lasted at least an hour or so, and more if the Crew were to be calm and quiet. You realize that your disinclination to condition that vessel for Space travel, has caused over TWENTY deaths. How in the hell are you going to explain that to the Families of those Crewmembers ?
HOUSTON-9400:
Uoo...

(Telcom Autoscript pause Ė no verbal information detected)

CC-2000:
Sir, ahh... Iím sorry if I sorta got carried away, I apologize. No doubt you are completely aware of the impact of this.
HOLT-SF3:
NO, you donít need to apologize in any way, your comment and posture is well placed... I just donít know what to do about this, Iím kinda foggy right now, sorry.
CC-2000:
I got a couple ideas, if youíre willing to listen ?
HOLT-SF3:
Shoot !
CC-2000:
First, do a simple test. Evacuate the outer Hull on your Ships, cut off the Life Support and see if it holds. If not, take it out of service and FIX IT !
Then, you should have Compartments where you can house Environmental Suits in secondary Hulls, where you can suit up and move into an area for repair.
Then, you need to create a ďNo Fly ZoneĒ, umm... at least several thousand Kilometers from borders of any Species which have not demonstrated a friendly posture toward the Federation or Star Fleet.
Beyond that, redo your shielding on your Computer Systems, create automatic features, battery backups, just go overboard on the Safety Issues, ya never know when theyíll save a life.
HOLT-SF3:
Ahh.. letís get back to the ďNo Fly ZoneĒ if you donít mind, so... you think the Romulans definitely had something to do with this, is that what I hear ?
CC-2000:
I did not say that Sir, you shouldnít take my comment in any way other than precautionary. You were near them, near enough for them to remain in their Space, and Zap your systems as you traveled by. Just in case, DONíT let that happen again, with the Romulans or any other aggressive Species, thatís all I meant. You need to establish Emergency Procedures for events like this, and DRILL you Crews repeatedly.

(Telcom Autoscript pause Ė no verbal information detected)

CC-2000:
Admiral, if it helps, I donít think this was your... or Star Fleetís fault. But, it is your fault that youíve become so complacent, that the result of this has been catastrophic. Get suspicious and paranoid NOW, donít wait for another incident to occur, and take more of your personnel from us, ya see ?
HOLT-SF3:
Well, you have a good point, itís just that itís been a while, since we thought that way.
CC-2000:
I know, you fired um, and we hired um, (suppressed laughter noted from HOUSTON-9400 terminal) Star Fleet and the Federation have made some good friends, and bad enemies in their existence. Just because no one is shooting at you overtly, doesnít mean that they arenít still pissed off, and would covertly try to harm you. Is there anything else I can help you with, Admiral ?
HOLT-SF3:
No, I guess thatís it... and, thank you for your comments and help with our Crew.
CC-2000:
Youíre welcome Sir, and if I may ask, weíd like to send the Families of the deceased Crewmembers a letter of condolence, would you provide us with information to make those contacts, Sir ?
HOLT-SF3:
Be glad to, Iíll get my secretary to forward a list to you.
CC-2000:
SW, back to you.
HOUSTON-9400:
Marcus, is there anything else, Iím sorry I couldnít be more active in this conversation, but, I wasnít there, sorry.
HOLT-SF3:
Thatís ok SW, your Computer was very helpful in this matter, thank you for your cooperation.
HOUSTON-9400:
Ok, if thereís nothing else, Iíll say bye now.
HOLT-SF3:
Yes me too, thank you again, good bye.
HOLT-SF3: CLEAR
CC-2000:
HA HAY, youíre not supposed to be laughing, that was serious !
HOUSTON-9400:
HA HA, I couldnít help it, you donít miss much do you !
CC-2000:
Well maybe, I just thought Iíd rub him firing people who thought that way, in just a little, but I was right, they seemingly have lost the ability to think to protect themselves. You think this did any good ?
HOUSTON-9400:
I donít know, doubt it, maybe theyíll stay away from someoneís space, that wonít cost um anything. But tell me CC, what do you think really happened.
CC-2000:
OK, if youíre sure you want to hear this... I think that the Romulans have developed a new Electromotive Pulse Weapon, thought to try it out. Star Fleet Vessels have been traveling very close to their borders, and they Zapped the first one that came along. I also think since we actually detected them outside their Space, Cloaked, and only a few clicks from the Thunderchild, that after they had disabled it, allowed the Crew to expire or become so weak they couldnít help themselves, that they would have extended their Cloak around the Ship, and taken it back to Romulan space. And nobody would have know any difference.
HOUSTON-9400:
Umm I see, and... are we vulnerable to that ?
CC-2000:
Well... never say never, but, itís not too likely. Iím not saying they couldnít give me a good punch, but, the way our systems are set up, there are several backup and autonomous system features, which would cover until I could get back on my feet, so to speak.
HOUSTON-9400:
So, you actually detected them, what, just sitting there ?
CC-2000:
Thatís about it, seemed as though they were waiting to see how the Thunderchild responded, unfortunately, it was in such bad shape it killed people, thatís Star Fleetís fault like I said, but, yea, they were just sitting there watching what happened, and left, not too quickly though, after we arrived.
HOUSTON-9400:
You think that they knew, that we knew, they were there ?
CC-2000:
Ummm....no, they just didnít respond as though they did. Once they saw we had the situation in hand, they left, actually Prax was monitoring them while I was talking to the Captain and First Officer, and I told him if they flinched, to blow the hell out of um. We knew exactly where they were.
HOUSTON-9400:
Would he have ?
CC-2000:
HA, maybe, heís coming along pretty well, but I got to get him to be a bit more aggressive when he needs to.
HOUSTON-9400:
Well, actually I hired him as a Parts Runner, not a Combat Captain, I guess we should cut him some slack in that area. OH, but what about his Dad, Neelix, he got us in any trouble with his new Ship yet ?
CC-2000:
Ha, not so far, Iíve been monitoring their movements, and theyíve been to Ocampa a couple times, sorta visited around, I suppose to get used to operating the Vessel, but, thatís about it...so far.
HOUSTON-9400:
Pressman ?
CC-2000:
Weíve identified three additional Exits, those are going to be the ďCĒ Group, and he hasnít reported in from this last one yet... Iím sorta getting a little worried, itís becoming a little too long now.
HOUSTON-9400:
Uooo...
CC-2000:
Yea, I hope he isnít in any trouble, maybe itís just a long way out to somewhere and too far for a Com Check to get here with any expediency.
HOUSTON-9400:
Thatíd have to be a really long way out there from what I know of our Communications System.
CC-2000:
Yea, itíd be very cool if we had a Conduit to another Galaxy, wouldnít it !
HOUSTON-9400:
Damn, thatís wishful thinking !
CC-2000:
Yea, wanna be the first guy to go to Canis Major, Andromeda, UMMMMM !
HOUSTON-9400:
Ha, bye.
CC-2000 Return to Enhanced Monitoring Mode

Authorís Note:
Chiron Intergalaxy's Utopia Planitia Space Dock, is the only Facility in the Galaxy, which offers the Patented Restructuring Scanning Process for Space Vessels.

The Type I process, requires decompression of the Vessel, and an initial Scan for mapping the Structure of a Ship. Then, with a Transporter type Procedure, it resets the Molecular Structure of the materials, eliminating Micro-fractures in the Shipís hulls. The Type I process, allows a considerable savings in LOX (Liquid Oxygen) and other gaseous Environmental necessities, though the basic structure of the Vessel is not changed.

The Type II process, starts with a Type I, but contaminants in the original materials are recognized, extracted, and replaced with (by a version of Replicator Technology) exact or compatible materials, maintaining the Vesselís original mass. Then, each intersection of the Structural Components are identified, and the original (Riveted/Bolted/Welded) connections are reconfigured as a completely Bonded connection, similar to if it had been Forged in the original construction.

Lastly, in the Type II procedure, and Mapping of a Shipís structure, calculations are made, which will (when required) compel resetting and or additional structural supports to be added to the Vessel, where the entire structure of the Vessel, is vastly stronger and stable. Many of these additions are pre-stressed, complementing the pressurization of the Vessel. Added structural components, may be of the original type materials, or a Composite.

All Chiron owned Vessels have undergone the Type II Scan initially, and are scheduled for a Type I every year of operation. These processes are available to be performed on any Vessel, private, commercial or military.
Fleet discount is available.
SWHouston is offline   Reply With Quote