View Single Post
Old October 7 2010, 05:50 PM   #158
Nowhere Man
Commodore

Re: Zack Snyder will direct SUPERMAN

I think a simple way to sum up the origin is with a small paragraph. "Rocketed to Earth from the planet Krypton....ect."Like they used to do in the old cartoons. Then if Braniac is involved show his ship barrelling out into space right as Krypton explodes, right behind Clark's ship. Similar to Zod in the phantom zone. There's your opening sequence and origin wrapped up in the first 5-10 minutes. Another aproach would be Spiderman style and just show the opening credits with the comic book pages unfolding. It could show a quick update of events leading up to wherever they start the story. Bam, the origin agian is sewn up nice and tight, no muss, no fuss. I really don't think anyone needs to see half of the movie devoted to the origin. Even non Superman fans have a vauge idea that Supes is an alien, they may not know where he comes from or his fathers name, but they know enough. I say that because my wife is a perfect example, she's Russian and has no interest in comics at all, but she knew who Superman was and knew he came from another planet. Now that was when we first met, now a day's she loves Bat boy and all Nolan films(Inception is her favorite) and she likes Ironman and last year she even watched Star Trek and liked it. This is someone who hates Star Trek, even though she's never watched one episode. Women, there crazy. My point bieng, unless you've been living under a rock for the paST 75 years, you know Superman.
Nowhere Man is offline   Reply With Quote