View Single Post
Old October 5 2010, 07:42 PM   #737
Too Much Fun
Commodore

Re: Movies Seen in 2010

I felt the same way about "Kill Bill: Vol. 1", but it got me extremely excited about Vol. 2 and after months of feverish anticipation, that was one of the most satisfying moviegoing experiences of my life.

A friend of mine didn't like the second one as much because he said the first one had him psyched for an action movie and he found it boring with all the constant talking, but I had the opposite reaction.

I totally ate up the dialogue in Vol. 2. I completely adored it and truly believed Carradine deserved a best supporting actor nomination. I was also surprised by how much heart it had. At the end, I was more moved than I've ever been by a Tarantino movie. I didn't think he had it in him.

To this day, "Kill Bill: Vol. 2" is my second favourite Tarantino movie after "Pulp Fiction". After watching it, I spent like an hour talking to a friend about how awesome it was.

I guess your reaction depends largely on your expectations and preferences. I'm big on dialog and character more than action and spectacle, so it was right up my alley.

Last edited by Too Much Fun; October 6 2010 at 03:57 AM.
Too Much Fun is offline   Reply With Quote