View Single Post
Old October 5 2010, 03:24 AM   #47
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

Re: Zack Snyder will direct SUPERMAN

Beyond Antares wrote: View Post
Does Snyder have compromising photos of the execs at WB or something? He keeps making mediocre movies that underperform yet keeps landing great projects.
All of the figures below are from Box Office Mojo.

Dawn of the Dead
: Production budget of $26 million. Pulled in $59 million domestic & $43 million foreign ($102 million total worldwide).

300: Production budget $65 million. Pulled in $210 million domestic & $245 million foreign ($456 million total worldwide).

Watchmen: Production budget $130 million. Pulled in $107 million domestic & $77 million foreign ($185 million total worldwide).

Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole: Production budget of $80 million. Since release on 9/24, has pulled in $30 million domestic & $11 million foreign ($41 million total worldwide domestic so far).

His first two films performed quite well based on the production budget alone, with his third and fourth films seeming to underperform (and I imagine especially so for Watchmen once you factor in advertising budget). That said, The Man of Steel has two things going for it that neither Watchmen nor this owl movie did: Everyone knows the name "Superman," and it can also be advertised based on Christopher Nolan's name ("from the directors of The Dark Knight & Inception and 300...").

This is not a defense of the quality of his films. I have not seen this latest film (nor do I intend to) but I did not like any of his prior films.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote