View Single Post
Old October 2 2010, 05:37 PM   #12
THE Robert Maxwell
Reports of my death...

View THE Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to THE Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to THE Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to THE Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to THE Robert Maxwell
Re: "Let Me In" - Discussion & Grading

Robot Devil wrote: View Post
Starkers wrote: View Post
I'd be interested to see if they retain one particular element from the original
I saw this last night (and the original a few weeks ago.)

I thought it was good and a worthwhile remake. But there was a hell of a lot of chuckling and heckling by stupid teenagers who clearly weren't expecting the kind of movie they got. Some woman also brought a child around 12 years old.

"Would you still like me if I wasn't a girl?" was the biggest unintentional laugh line in the whole movie. The entire audience roared at that one. Once again, I think this version kept too much of the European sensibility and style and it's absolutely not what American audiences are accustomed to. It's too sincere and devoid of cynicism.

My one real gripe about the movie's execution is the music. It was typical, cliched horror movie music, with the "doom violins" and everything. They should have taken a note from the original and used a much more minimalistic approach.

This is well worth seeing but I'm not surprised it's tanking. Much like Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (a comparison I never thought I'd end up making), it's a good movie that most people just aren't going to "get" because it was made for a certain audience. It is not your typical Halloween season slasher at all.