View Single Post
Old September 30 2010, 08:59 PM   #215
CaptainSarine
Commander

Re: SW AU - A Glimmer of Hope

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
A Glimmer of Hope Wow that was dark. I like the fact Joel that you're taking the time to explore different aspects of the Star Wars Universe while still building and evolving your story at the same time, i.e. the places we go are pertinent to the plot and story that is being told. I suppose it's the freedom of prose is that you aren't really restricted to any amount of pages, you're able to tell the story you want. I hope that makes sense.
Admiral Young,

Yes, perfect sense. You're saying I'm long-winded.

Just kidding. I'm glad that you like the way the story has developed, I've tried to evolve the story in different ways, including taking us to different parts of this universe while making sure that the characters and their story stay central. It means a lot to know that you guys are following me in that direction.

This chapter was really hard to write - I knew I needed to get Leia to this work camp with Ly'ana, but I went through so many iterations of this from Leia's point of view that just weren't working that the only way to achieve it was to throw away Leia's POV for a moment and come at it from a different direction. Good to know that it didn't throw anyone too much and that everyone seems to have enjoyed it.

Thanks for the comment, once again!

Nerys Ghemor wrote: View Post
What a dark segment! You really captured the grim life of an internment camp (seems like a concentration camp to me). Still it does seem like there might be hope...
Nerys,

Yes, this was a dark segment - like I said, I struggled with how to write this for a while, but taking it from Ly'ana's POV really got it flowing.

I did think of calling the work camp a concentration camp but didn't really like the RW connotations that came out of it.

As for hope, well the title is a Glimmer of Hope, so there is always a little...

The Badger wrote: View Post
Dark and grim indeed! But also very well written.
Thanks! Glad you liked it.

More coming over the weekend or on Monday.

Joel