Thread: SG-A Remorse
View Single Post
Old September 28 2010, 03:38 PM   #9
bullethead
Fleet Captain

Re: SG-A Remorse

Kai Winn wrote: View Post
atlantis is my favourite stargate show too, but in particular the seasons 3 and 4. what's the problems with the pegasus replicators? there was only one race of them in the whole galaxy, and i found the abundance of humans far more puzzling. how did they get there? as far as i remember, the goa'uld spread humans all over the milky way, not the ancients, the ancients did not ship them to pegasus either, and the goa'uld were unknown there. if i have to name my favourite atlantis episode, amongst many, it's the two parts of the return.
People didn't like the Asurans because the Replicators already had their send off in SG-1 S8 and the whole RepliCarter thing kinda put some people off. There were humans in Pegasus because the Ancients decided to populate Pegasus with humans.

what in hell would shepard do with one of the obsolete ancient starships? they are no match for the asgard-updated daedalus class. and why did ancient technology move backwards, anyway? the ships of atlantis are about 10,000 years old technology (why did the asurans not improve them?), while the destiny is far older and far superior.
I'm not sure what you are referring to, but for most of SGA, anything was better than a Daedalus class in terms of firepower. The Asgard upgrades to the Daedalus class came after the Ori arc ended and the Asgard stupidly blew themselves up.

As for the Destiny being superior, it only looks that way because we never really got an in depth look at an Aurora. All we really know about them is that they have drones, a Jumper bay, shields strong enough to take on Wraith weapons fire, and a hyperdrive. The only things noteworthy about Destiny are its solar refueling, Kinos, and that its still running. The thing is 50+ million years old and is only running due to the quality of its construction and even then it has degraded pretty badly. Aside from the Aurora (which was pounded into shit), all the stuff Atlantis found was in pretty good working condition.