View Single Post
Old September 28 2010, 02:06 AM   #115
Send a message via Yahoo to havoc92
Re: NCC-1701 USS Enterprise Deck by Deck - WIP

Saquist wrote: View Post
havoc92 wrote: View Post
Saquist wrote: View Post

What is normally utter confusion as a whole is ordered and isolated in layers. Before Computers the concept was used sheet by sheet on a blue print. With 3D we can now problem solve the problematic intersections between those layers and resolve the conflict so that one person can coherent define an entire system.

Imagine building the human body without layers and you might lose your mind.
Yeah, that's along the lines of what I was thinking. In drafting we always did multiple views or exploded views. I can visualize the 3d without much trouble. It helps substantially in building this stuff; but, others might not be able to; so, I started doing these exploded views to give people a better grip on just how much work is represented there and how involved it really is. Just wish I could have done videos of much of it.
Yeah I think AVSforyou has a desktop video recorder in their package and it's really cheap.

The real challenge in this short of work is precision. I've been continually working on that since I hit the profession.
Thank you. I have been getting tons of suggestions privately. I ended up using camstudio for the youtube video I posted, just because it was quick and cheap. I was kindof impressed with it; but, as I don't do professional tutorials as yet.. I don't know how it compares with commercial packages. I'm told that camtasia is really good.
"..the days of me not taking you seriously are coming to a middle." - Mal Reynolds, Firefly.
havoc92 is offline   Reply With Quote