View Single Post
Old September 24 2010, 11:56 PM   #112
Saquist
Commodore

Re: NCC-1701 USS Enterprise Deck by Deck - WIP

havoc92 wrote: View Post
Saquist wrote: View Post
kkozoriz1 wrote: View Post
I get dizzy just imaging doing something like this. Great stuff.
Is there any way to get an estimation of the square footage for the ship? It must me staggering.
BolianAuthor wrote: View Post
Just awesome... I love the layers approach... there's something really aesthetically pleasing about seeing each layer in its own color, grouped together to form a large construct... really drives home just how much there is to the ship.
What is normally utter confusion as a whole is ordered and isolated in layers. Before Computers the concept was used sheet by sheet on a blue print. With 3D we can now problem solve the problematic intersections between those layers and resolve the conflict so that one person can coherent define an entire system.

Imagine building the human body without layers and you might lose your mind.
Yeah, that's along the lines of what I was thinking. In drafting we always did multiple views or exploded views. I can visualize the 3d without much trouble. It helps substantially in building this stuff; but, others might not be able to; so, I started doing these exploded views to give people a better grip on just how much work is represented there and how involved it really is. Just wish I could have done videos of much of it.
Yeah I think AVSforyou has a desktop video recorder in their package and it's really cheap.

---
The real challenge in this short of work is precision. I've been continually working on that since I hit the profession.
Saquist is offline   Reply With Quote