View Single Post
Old September 24 2010, 03:40 AM   #154
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Re: Star Trek: Shaping a Cardassian

Gul Re'jal wrote: View Post
By "perfected" I mean the natures way of making sure species have higher chances of survival - both as species and as each individual (it's safer to have life birth and take care of a young than lay eggs and abandon them, hoping at least half of young would survive). The Skarrats take care of their eggs
That could be an interesting bit in the story right there, to find out what they do!

I think if your Cardassians would be compared to therapsids in an insulting matter, it wouldn't be more or less insulting than calling them reptiles.
They wouldn't like it--but I think that to them, calling them reptiles isn't just mean, it's ignorant and it shows that the person using the word doesn't know anything about them and doesn't care enough to. So the term itself has become offensive to them.

I can try to draw a mar'kuu, but am not sure if I would be able to draw exactly what I have in my head. But I'll try
Cool!