View Single Post
Old September 21 2010, 08:24 PM   #82
Captain Atkin
Commander

Re: Lost Sulu fan film trailer 'STA: A Time to Heal' finally online

Hey guys,

The link to the Yorktown Facebook group I started is http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...4904054&ref=ts

The reason that I started this group was, like many of you, I was fascinated by this project in my youth. I still remember the first time I read about it in Starlog magazine (June 1987), and waited for years to see this ambitious fan film get finished. For numerous reasons, the film never got finished (mostly due to SFX limitations at the time.) When I first started researching the project last year, most of the information I found was on Da Han and Star Trek: Axiom. Through my research, I soon discovered that Star Trek: Axiom was in fact a seperate project that Da Han was working on, with a limited amount of footage from a trailer of "Yorktown: A Time to Heal."

Stan Woo was the Producer of the film, and his father (Jem Ong Woo) was the Executive Producer. Stan Woo and Da Han were friends in high school, and Stan asked Da Han if he would like to direct the live action footage. As can happen with projects like this, there were some creative differences between the two. Hopefully those can be worked out with time. The entire production was paid for by Jem Ong Woo, who financed the whole film himself, and as such the footage rightfully belongs to the Woo family.

There are a lot of behind the scenes photos at the Facebook group page which have never been seen. You will also find pictures of the original USS Yorktown model, and original ship designs by Andrew Probert! If you haven't seen it yet, I suggest you go check it out!

Last edited by Captain Atkin; September 22 2010 at 06:13 PM.
Captain Atkin is offline   Reply With Quote