View Single Post
Old September 21 2010, 06:06 PM   #154
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Re: AVENGERS - movie Discussion, News, Interviews, Pics till release 2

Snipets from Joss Whedon interview on Avengers:

RE: They trust you?
Joss: They do! They do, Marvel – they’re very trusting at Marvel. It’s kind of like, in the early days of the WB, when you know, I came back to my agent and said, it was really different, really interesting, they respected what I was talking about, they listened to me and they really let me have my own way – and yeah, they have no idea what I’m doing! Marvel they do actually know, they know exactly what they want to do, but they don’t mind a film maker making his film in the service of what it is they want to do, they’re not trying to press me into something that isn’t me, which is really gratifying.

Joss: Oh yes. Oh yes. I was reading the Avengers when I was eleven, this is…it’s a big deal for me. I’ve wanted to make a comic book movie, and I was like, “nobody can make a comic book movie”, and then Spiderman came out and I was like “…ok, he can make a comic book movie!”.
There is more if you go to the link, not much more but I didn't want to put the whole thing in here.

Seems he was not only able to tweak the Captain America script but as stated in that piece he reworked a portion of the Avengers script as well. I really like Joss and can't wait for Dollhouse S2 to hit shleves in October. Be real curious to see what type of dialogue he gives to our Avengers.