View Single Post
Old September 21 2010, 12:05 AM   #45
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles
Re: Favourite Bond films....

Lonemagpie wrote: View Post
On Her Majesty's Secret Service — 10/10 - believable, great fights, wonderful atmosphere, good cast... If Connery was in it would be the best ever.
I question that assessment; Connery was a little less than enthusiastic in YOLT, and was only there for the money for DAF, so I find it hard to believe that he would have turned it around for OHMSS. Just my 2˘ on the subject, anyway.

Starkers wrote: View Post
Evil Twin wrote: View Post
Starkers wrote: View Post
Not to mention the fact that at the end of TMWTGG Bond suddenly swaps his PPK for a fuck off .44 magnum revolver ala Dirty Harry!
That was Live and Let Die. He most definitely had his PPK for his duel with Scaramanga at the end of TMWTGG.
Oh God I can't believe I did that
Yeah, at least a .44 Magnum is badass. Way more badass than fighting a midget with a wooden chair.
"They quickly settled on the slender island at the head of the bay, which they called 'Mannahatta', after an old Indian word thought by some to mean 'island of hills', and by others 'place of general inebriation'."
—New York: A Documentary Film
cardinal biggles is offline   Reply With Quote