View Single Post
Old September 20 2010, 02:02 AM   #138
Gul Re'jal
Commodore

Location: Gul Re'jal is suspecting she's on the wrong space station
Re: Star Trek: Shaping a Cardassian

NG, I'll read the story later today.

About Alon's intelligence--if anything, I would say that Jarol was outmatched by Ghemor there. He seemed to have anticipated almost all of her objections...and even with the one that he couldn't counter, I still think he came off as very sensible about it. He is not a prideful man, and I don't think he worries about where a good idea comes from, whether it's Jarol or even someone from the Federation. That lack of ego is what I think allowed him to outmaneuver her. But I also think there's some force of character that Jarol may not see.
She still thinks as a soldier, that's why Daset is the politician And she still is very proud, which sometimes blinds her to what should be done and what is right.

TN, the Fed exchange program is going to be two stories actually. This one here, but there's also another one being written - from one of those human's point of view. You will be able to see a few events through Cardassian and Fed eyes, especially the "first contact" and first days on the Roumar.