View Single Post
Old September 19 2010, 07:58 AM   #719
Locutus of Bored
Furfallin'

Re: What Song Are You Listening to Right Now

Here's an eclectic mix I've been listening to recently:

The Antlers - Kettering - I was reminded of this song by the most recent HBO promo for Fall & Winter 2010-2011 programming. It was previously used effectively in 'Chuck.'

Hugo - 99 Problems - I like his voice, the melody, and the use of Jay-Z's '99 Problems' in a completely different musical genre.

Inception Score #12: 'Time' - Hans Zimmer - The music at the end of the film; my favorite.

Arcade Fire - My Body is a Cage - Great song, and a great fan vid as well that fits the song perfectly with Sergio Leone's classic 'Once Upon a Time in the West.' Spoilers for the film in the video though, so don't watch if you plan to see it for the first time.

Blues Sarceno - Bong Squad - Mostly instrumental, but very reminiscent of Alice in Chains during the "chorus."

The Fratellis - Chelsea Dagger - Always a good song if you're in need of a pick-me-up or an excuse to start dancing around randomly.

B.o.B with Hayley Williams of Paramore - Airplanes - I mostly got into this because of Hayley William's chorus, but B.o.B.'s rap is good as well.

The Eels - Fresh Blood - This played over the credits of 'True Blood' a few weeks ago and I've liked it ever since.
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Locutus of Bored is offline   Reply With Quote