Thread: I Feel Odd...
View Single Post
Old September 17 2010, 01:04 AM   #35
Kestra
Vice Admiral

Re: I Feel Odd...

Sarek of Vulcan wrote: View Post
I think my stint of unemployment (going on 27 months now) has really brought my optimism down to a dull finish. A job would give me something to shoot for, a way back to moving forward instead of standing still.

I'd much rather be the optimist I was than the pessimist that sits at the edge of my awareness.
I can definitely see what a constant drag that would be on your self-esteem and motivation. But if you're standing still in that regard, why not try to move forward in other areas? It won't solve the unemployment issue, but you could build your self-confidence through other areas of improvement.

Mr Awe wrote: View Post
Seriously, great attitude Kestra! I think that is perfect and kudos to you! There's nothing more powerful than a person who knows what they want and how they can get it. The great thing is that you've already positioned yourself for this change, you're doing it. Much better than sitting around moping about it while time goes by.
Heh, thanks. It's been a big boost to my self-esteem in an unexpected way. I feel intelligent and capable in ways I didn't before. I think sometimes it's about a combination of things, doing something when you're ready to and not when you're forced to.

I have added a constant undercurrent of anxiety about getting into graduate school, but I try to tell myself I'll deal with that when the time comes.
Kestra is offline   Reply With Quote