View Single Post
Old September 13 2010, 09:48 PM   #405
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

Re: What games are you playing currently?

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
Yeah, but that's what I mean. I could just wander around, maybe do a mission here and there, without worrying about the story. When I played Arhkam Asylum, I couldn't put it down because I was so excited about what would happen next. Red Dead I feel is the kind of game I could play for a little while without really caring about the story progression.
Yeah, there's so many random events that occur, too, in both towns and out in the wilderness. You will end up caring about the story progression, though, I warn you, because it's that damn good. John Marston is a compelling protagonist.

BigFoot wrote: View Post
PsychoPere wrote: View Post
You could get lost for hours in RDR without touching the main story. There's so much to do, and I actually spent a lot more time messing around in its world than I ever did in GTAIV.
Yeah I definitely liked RDR more than GTA4.
I had a blast in GTAIV, but mainly just as a focus on the story progression. RDR, though, was definitely a step forward from what Rockstar did in GTAIV. In terms of world-building and main story, they really outdid themselves with RDR.

I'm even listening to the RDR sountrack right now, as I read for class. So good.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote