View Single Post
Old September 13 2010, 06:15 AM   #40
The Lensman
Fleet Captain

Re: Which actor looks the most like Superman to you?

mswood wrote: View Post
Shazam! wrote: View Post
Christopher Reeve, obviously. Anyone who says otherwise is mentally ill.
Please, it really depends on what you identify Supes as. For the modern age (80's plus) Supes is portrayed as extremely well built. Chris Reeve while a good looking man, with a nice frame isn't defined to any real degree. He really doesn't look that much like the Superman of his day (body wise)

While going back to the 30-50's Superman had a body shape that Reeve's doesn't even come close to, as its far more bulky (though not heavily defined at all). And George really came very close to that body shape.

So I could never say Chris Reeve really fit the look of Superman for his time.
Agreed. I was twelve when the first movie came out and I remember thinking then "this guy doesn't look ANYTHING like Superman!" I still feel that way today. In fact I will not buy any of the Superman comics where he looks like Reeves until the other 40 year old fanboys get off their annoying nostalgia trip and start drawing him right again.

None of those guys look like Superman, and the only guy who might've come close for me would'a been Bruce Campell in his prime. Although his voice isn't very "superman" to me.