View Single Post
Old September 10 2010, 08:03 PM   #18
SPCTRE
Weltmeister

View SPCTRE's Twitter Profile
Re: Halo: Reach

FordSVT wrote: View Post
-Brett- wrote: View Post
The multiplayer beta was fun. Otherwise I wouldn't be giving it a second thought. Not after ODST.
I don't think that's fair, ODST wasn't a bad game at all, it just didn't feel the same without Master Chief, and it was short.
ODST was awesome. It was great because it wasn't about the MC and Cortana. It was great because the Halo universe is great. (I hope 343 Studios will deliver more games that feature new perspectives on the Halo lore by the way.)

I haven't had this much fun gameplay-wise since the original Halo. Don't get me wrong, I had fun in H2 and H3, but the mechanics just couldn't live up to the original (*cough* pistol *cough*). ODST was a step in the right direction. From what I've seen so far, Reach will take it one, maybe two steps further in that direction. Not to mention a couple of nice innovations and improvements.

Also, it basically had the entire cast of Firefly
"To hear some incensed fans tell it, The Sims 4 without pools or toddlers is a barren hellscape, an empty, rotten womb where fun is but a dim memory. I think those people might be overreacting just a smidgen bit, but you know, everyone’s got their priorities." - Nathan Grayson
SPCTRE is offline   Reply With Quote