View Single Post
Old September 10 2010, 10:37 AM   #11
DarKush
Rear Admiral

Re: Nikita: "Pilot" - Sept. 9 on The CW - Grading & Discussion

Dang. I fell asleep midway through it (not because I though it was boring BTW). I think I would've liked the twist, because I was having an issue with the pilot episode spending so much time with Alex. The twist might have changed the impression that I was getting that the show was going to be about Alex, more than Nikita. I was thinking the pilot might have been better if they had just followed Nikita from being arrested, recruited, and so on instead of Alex. But the twist changes that perception that Nikita will be second banana on her own show, or so I hope. I was getting a Blade the Series vibe where Blade took a backseat to the Krista character, and I didn't like that at all.

I mainly watched this for Maggie Q. I thought she was mesmerizing in MI3 and she still is in Nikita. I've never been a fan of the Nikita stories. Never saw the original film, thought the Bridget Fonda film was boring, and never watched the Peta Wilson show. However I've always liked the concept, but haven't cared enough about the execution.

From what I saw last night, I thought the action was pretty good. I didn't mind that Division looked so ordinary. In a way I like that. They didn't come off as central casting bad guys. I also liked the little bit of Melinda Clarke I saw, very polished and refined.

All the actors were okay. Maggie Q was tough and sexy, as was Alex, Melinda Clarke, and Jaden, played by Tiffany Hines. I got a feeling with the twist that Jaden will become more than a rival to Alex, but perhaps one of the chief people who's going to either expose her or be in on hunting her and/or Nikita down if the series progresses.

Nikita reminds me of Alias. However its not as stylish or as fluid as that show. The striking colors and outfits they had Jennifer Garner wearing really stood out and made an impression. So far Nikita's start wasn't as kickass as Alias, but I'll stick around for a while.
DarKush is online now   Reply With Quote