View Single Post
Old September 10 2010, 06:07 AM   #7
Shamrock Bones
Agent Richard07

Re: Nikita: "Pilot" - Sept. 9 on The CW - Grading & Discussion

I saw this other girl in the previews, and thought... Who's that? But never bothered to look her up until today. I was surprised to see that it was Lyndsy Fonseca. She grew up pretty nice. She was one of Ted's future kids on How I Met Your Mother, for anyone who cares but didn't know.

As for the show, I wasn't blown away, but it held my attention. I liked Nikita's story, but I especially loved the side story about Fonseca's character, this younger assassin in training. Not sure how I feel about the twist at the end though. I think I would have preferred it if she was just another young trainee who would eventually cross paths with Nikita rather than being a mole who's already working for her. What else... I wasn't too impressed with this organization called "Division". They don't come off as menacing enough with the way Nikita could just chit-chat with these people at a party. I did however like that one assassin at the hotel. He's got that calculating, menecing coldness that I expect from the enemy. Sweating bullets when faced with trouble? Not him. I also liked Melinda Clarke and I'm a bit curious about who's helping Nikita.

In the end though, this isn't must see TV, but I might hang in for a little bit. Oh yeah, this thing reminds me of Bionic Woman. Had to mention that. Will it suffer the same fate? Maybe. I can see that happening. It's got the same "network action show that won't last" vibe.
Shamrock Bones is offline   Reply With Quote