View Single Post
Old September 9 2010, 07:47 PM   #386
SPCTRE
TBBS Gold Member

View SPCTRE's Twitter Profile
Re: What games are you playing currently?

Skywalker wrote: View Post
clint g wrote: View Post
Mr Light wrote: View Post
I probably won't play Dragon Age. I love Bio Ware and all but the fantasy setting... enh.
I would suggest reconsidering. I'm not a fantasy person as well, but an outstanding game is still an outstanding game, despite the setting.
I love the story, the setting, and the characters of Dragon Age: Origins, but next to the Mass Effect games, playing the Dragon Age games with their Baldur's Gate-style engine, uninvolving combat, and voiceless protagonists feels like a huge step backward. I hope the upgrades and improvements made to DA2 will be similar to what ME2 was like compared to its own predecessor.
Actually, I like DA:O for the same reasons you dislike it. I also prefer the ME games overall, but DA:O was a very nice change of pace and a nice throwback to the Baldur's Gate games (which I loved).

Also, the differences between the two franchises were very much intentional by design, e.g. the voiceless protagonists.
Philitas of Cos, Greek intellectual, is said by Athenaeus to have studied arguments and erroneous word usage so intensely that he wasted away and starved to death. British classicist A. Cameron speculates that P. died from a wasting disease which his contemporaries joked was caused by his pedantry.
SPCTRE is online now   Reply With Quote