View Single Post
Old September 8 2010, 07:23 PM   #317
Potemkin_Prod
Commodore

Re: New Star Trek Fan Film

Or airfare on my end.

I was a little disappointed with last night's progress, but I realized this morning that in actuality, I'm almost done with the alcove.

I'm trying to develop a plan of attack on the ready room. The guy who was going to help me tells me he can help with this and that, but not those and these. Funny, I think it's all the same. Still, I'll get the ready room going on Monday or so at the latest.

Just exchanged emails with Bill Walker. One of the things that we're doing is animating the console lights (we don't need no stinking Christmas lights), and I've told him about one more thing in that vein to do. He's working on this sort of animation at home. Meanwhile, he's got the starbase and Potemkin ready for the starfield. He's got a challenge with the starbase. I want a shot similar to the one from "Devil in the Dark" (and "The Cage") where we have a starfield and we draw up to the starbase orbiting a planet.Then the Potemkin swings into view. It's a very difficult shot, but it's the only special effect in the vignette. Bill's been working on it for a while now, and hopefully sees the light at the end of the tunnel.
http://www.projectpotemkin.com
Potemkin_Prod is offline   Reply With Quote