View Single Post
Old September 7 2010, 01:16 AM   #587
Rush Limborg
Vice Admiral

Re: Star Trek: Sigils and Unions--The Thirteenth Order

Nerys Ghemor wrote: View Post
Rush Limborg wrote: View Post
(I wonder what a conversation between him and Ezri Dax would be like. Somehow...I'd think they'd both have a lot to say to each other, and could find their struggles have a lot in common....)
I'm not sure how much they could relate, since compared to her Berat is very young. At the time of this story, Gul Berat is 43 years old (about 32 years old in 24th-century human terms, physically speaking). While that means they'd probably appear as though physically the same age, Dax's perspective would make them very different psychologically.
Ah...I was referring to Ezri, not Dax, per se.

Before the relaunch, remember, she was making it a point to set herself apart from her previous hosts. Considering her own experience...she'd be a lot younger than Berat.

(BTW...you know a story I'd love to see you write? I wonder what a young Dax was like? Not any of the hosts, but the symbiont, after it first budded or hatched or was born, or however you think symbionts are born. Where did it get its personality and opinions before its first joining, and how did it think and communicate?)
Woah. As far as I know, I most certainly do not see that on my agenda. No way, no how, no ma'am!

(Ironically...the past hosts are what I'd probably more likely do--particuarly Lela, the politician, for obvious reasons....)
"The saying implies but does not name the effective agency of its supposed utopia.... 'Needs and abilities' are, of course, subjective. So the operative statement may be reduced to 'the State shall take, the State shall give'."
--David Mamet
Rush Limborg is offline   Reply With Quote