View Single Post
Old September 6 2010, 06:07 PM   #583
Rush Limborg
Vice Admiral

Re: Star Trek: Sigils and Unions--The Thirteenth Order

As for Rhos...the "obvious" route would either be for her to be restored without problems, much to everyone's delight...or...

I dunno. There's an inkling in the back of my head suggesting that the poor lass has a target on her back.

I sincerely hope not. But I'm not convinced the trauma of having to wear the face of a Vorta forever could be handled by her--even if she is a Cardassian.

As for Speros...hmm. Somehow, I'm pining for something in a later battle where Speros has to directly depend on either Spirodopoulos or Folani for his life. Something to bring his arrogance down a notch.

That being said, I do like the contrast between him and Berat.

I, personally, do not feel pity towards Berat, per se--but a tremendous respect. He has stared death and weakness in the face--and has resolved that he will not succum, that he will triumph. (I wonder what a conversation between him and Ezri Dax would be like. Somehow...I'd think they'd both have a lot to say to each other, and could find their struggles have a lot in common....)
"The saying implies but does not name the effective agency of its supposed utopia.... 'Needs and abilities' are, of course, subjective. So the operative statement may be reduced to 'the State shall take, the State shall give'."
--David Mamet
Rush Limborg is offline   Reply With Quote